Eight Centuries (formerly 19th Century Masterfile)
Catalogue record, available from: Eight Centuries.
In January 2020 this resource has changed its name to “Eight Centuries”. All the content available under the title “19th Century Masterfile” is continued under “Eight Centuries”. The new name reflects the ever-widening scope of this product: ‘8C’ contains material dating from the 12th to 20th centuries. Additionally, new source material has been added to the already-extensive database, and streamlined the interface to make finding sources easier, faster, and more intuitive.
19th Century Masterfile was originally launched in 1999 as “Poole’s Plus,” but has now grown to include over seventy contemporary indexes to English-language publishing prior to 1930. This combination of indexes covers periodicals, newspapers, books, patents, image archives, US and UK government documents, and more. It offers ‘omni-disciplinary’ coverage of materials in the humanities and social sciences, engineering, history of science, law, economics, religion, psychology, visual arts, music, and the physical sciences.
Here is a list of some of the main titles available via this resource:
- A.L.A. Index to General Literature, 1893-1910
- A.L.A. Portrait Index, 1732-1905
- American Fiction, 1851-1875
- Annual Library Index, 1892-1910
- Catalogue of Scientific Papers, 1800-1900
- Century of Loan Exhibitions, 1813-1912
- Cobbett’s Parliamentary Debates, 1066-1803
- Descriptive Index of Current Engineering Literature, 1884-1891
- Engineering Index, 1892-1909
- Index to Legal Periodical Literature, 1786-1937
- Index to Legal Periodicals, 1908-1929
- Index to Periodicals, 1890-1902
- International Catalogue of Scientific Literature, 1901-1914
- Poole’s Index to Periodical Literature, 1802-1906
- Psychological Index, 1894-1905
- Royal Academy of Arts : a complete dictionary of contributors and their work, 1769-1904
- Society of Artists of Great Britain, 1760-1791, the Free Society of Artists, 1761-1783 : a complete dictionary of contributors and their work
Like this database? Please leave a comment.