Met Opera on Demand: Student Access (Trial)

Trial ends 31st March 2019.
Catalogue record, available from: Met Opera on Demand: Student Access.

Met Opera on Demand: Student Access offers users instant access to more than 600 full-length Met performances, including stunning HD videos from the Met’s award-winning Live in HD series of movie theater transmissions, classic telecasts from the 1970s, ‘80s, and ‘90s, and hundreds of radio broadcasts dating back to 1935. The site and its content are fully accessible on most mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) directly through the website as well. All videos include English subtitles, and recent HD videos include subtitles in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and/or Swedish. New titles are added every month, with most of the Met’s Live in HD programs coming online a few months after their live transmission date. Every opera includes an English synopsis, with synopses in multiple languages available for many operas.

Like this database? Please leave a comment.

10 Responses to “Met Opera on Demand: Student Access (Trial)”

1. Joel Brennan says:

The Met HD broadcasts are absolutely amazing – incredible resources to have for both study and pure enjoyment. I didn’t even realise it was possible to have them on demand (I thought you had to go to the cinema). Thank you so much for subscribing to this resource – I love it!

2. Chris says:

This is going to be such a useful tool for learning Opera excerpts!

3. Adrian Meyer says:

I really love these resources, please continue past trial!

4. Nick says:

Very insightful and excited to check more out !

5. Alex says:

So good to have access to an amazing orchestra like this one

6. Dr Linda Weste says:

Met Opera on Demand is an outstanding site. A subscription will ensure staff and students have access to the most extensive collection of opera productions past and recent. Met Operas are renowned, with world-class singers and producers.

7. Tobias says:

I’ve never actually been to an Opera before. And now that I have access to this resource I won’t have to.

8. Akaravis says:

A fantastic site featuring performances from the current as well as previous seasons of the Met. A really simple interface to have to navigate. Great streaming experience.

9. Sarah says:

Love this!

10. James says:

Such a fantastic resource to have available! I really hope that this and the digital concert hall will be renenewed past the trial!